Monday, February 13, 2017

I'm thinking I'm might finally join the Twitterverse.

I'm know I'm one of the last vestiges not on it yet.  My wife has said it's only a matter of time before I do.  I have been resisting for a long time because I really don't need another social media outlet taking up my time, and I certainly don't need a stroke to my ego to give false hope to my insignificance.

On the other hand, I have this odd sense that it might be kind of fun.  I don't usually get starstruck around celebrities, but I can't help but think about the giddy sensation I might get from trying to goad "45" into another tantrum (like he needs me to do that) or J.K. Rowling actually responding to a question.  To think this is the way we gain our own little anonymous fifteen minutes of fame now if you are clever enough to write something worth garnering attention that it gets copied and published elsewhere on the interwebs is an oddly thrilling prospect.  My inner attention-starved ten-year old self will eat this up.

Aside from that silliness, it's simply another tool to advertise.  So far I have a feeling that most of you reading this actually DO know me, and while I love you all for sharing this experiment with me, I am hoping to reach a wider audience.  I don't think my plugging each installment via Google is doing much.  It might be time to tweet up my opinions.  And speaking of advertisers, I know most run special offers and giveaways and contests over there; I've missed out on a lot.

So I haven't decided yet, but I'm leaning towards giving it a try.  Any opinions and/or insight are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment