Wednesday, February 8, 2017

I don't understand how this is being allowed to continue.

And by that, I mean my allowing these dickwads in Trump-brand suits imported from Mexico and/or China to ruin my waking days.

Tuesday was my son's seventh birthday.  You have heard me gush about him before.  Even though I still had to drop him off at school and race away to work, avoiding a huge traffic jam, and he still had to sit through his sister's dance class in the evening, so there wasn't much happening for him (we did do cake and presents as a family; the party is this weekend), it still should have been a day to celebrate him.  In my loving and logical mind (yes, they can work together sometimes), it still was: I sneaked a note and a $20 into his lunch, gave him his birthday spanks for which he has been begging for a week (don't ask), and told him I loved him as I put him to bed.

But in the midst of my getting choked up looking at the picture I took of him this morning and beaming to myself about the great things he is going to do in his life, our national disaster still went on around us.  In an unprecedented Veep tie-breaker, a woman who knows absolutely nothing about education is now in charge of it all.  A Senator and his cronies basically bullied another Senator into a "sit down and shut up" because the latter Senator was voicing a dissenting opinion about a third Senator's qualifications for another job.  A white supremacist, civilian bullshit artist who may be the puppeteer behind the new shameful face of our country is being considered for another ranking place in the government.  And to top it all off, I just learned that the CEO of Under Armour supports HIM because he thinks it's great a businessman is now running the country - time to restock my exercise wardrobe.

To counter all of this today, a dear aunt sent me a message thanking me for how I continue to speak out.  Another Senator completed what the silenced Senator was trying to say.  The mayor of Boston went on The Daily Show to stand up against the travel ban.  Jake Tapper held Kellyanne Conjob's feet to the fire for a half hour to call out the crap spewed by her and her boss.

I'm developing a theory that I'll save for another time.  For now, I want to celebrate my boy and the fine young man he will become; and the brave Americans, both elected and civilian, who continue to fight for what is right and just.  I love you, Son.  Peace and love. #resist

No comments:

Post a Comment