Wednesday, February 22, 2017

I am commenting on headlines today.

Yes, not a smart thing to do, and kind of hypocritical of me.  The thing is, after everything else 45 has done so far, I believe the headlines.  I don't think anything surprises me anymore - disgusts, yes; surprises, not so much.

So let's see, what have I glossed today?

  • He is moving forward on his plans to kill public arts funding (which will save 0.0625% of the federal budget I believe I read from another headline).  Ironically this comes up at the beginning of member pledge drives.
  • He is taking away protections from transgender students.
  • His team was authorized to send out a second biased poll about the big, bad mainstream media because too many Democrats spoiled the first one.  I filled out this one.  I reluctantly had to supply my email to submit; I'm surprised my junk folder wasn't instantly inundated with pro-Trump spam . . . I'm sure it will show up soon.
  • He is giving out lip-service condemning the rise of anti-Semitism in the country.
  • There is a report that his entire staff spends a concerted amount of time and effort keeping the overgrown man-child happy.
I just have no words anymore.  Liberals had better show up in droves for midterm elections next year so we can take back Congress and get impeachment proceedings moving (I still don't believe enough Republicans will break party ranks to get rid of him sooner).  Once he is removed, we'll have Pence to deal with.  He is not much better - some say he's worse - but at least he has shown a tiny touch of humanity by telling the hecklers and the cast when he saw Hamilton that he wasn't offended they spoke their minds and reiterated an intention to work for everyone (that part hasn't happened yet, Mikey), and then a report today that he denounced vandalism in a Jewish cemetery.  And then there will only be two years of that, because I don't think Pence really wants to be President either.

Dear God, what have we come to??!! #resist

No comments:

Post a Comment