Sunday, January 29, 2017

I would like to thank some members of Congress.

First of all, I'm not feeling particularly loquacious tonight, so if you're looking to read something insightful (if there has ever been any from the start), you may want to look elsewhere for now . . . Sure, I could go off on the ridiculous, unconstitutional immigration ban from the weekend; how I think it is totally against everything our country stands for despite that a conservative National Review writer called some of our reactions hysteria on NPR's All Things Considered today, how I applaud all of the demonstrations that immediately appeared at airports across the country, and how I agree that Judge Ann Donnelly is a hero for stepping in with an injunction to at least give this whole matter some rational thought rather than the blundering clusterfuck the Tweeter in Chief just had to rush into effect without a second thought as to the consequences.

But because of my lack of any great meaning today, I simply want to give a heartfelt and gracious expression of gratitude to some members of Congress who have the courage, strength, and determination to stand up to the new American Tyrant, and for supporting human rights no matter country of origin, faith, or lifestyle choice.  No matter who we are or where we come from, we all want the same quality of life for ourselves and our families; to be happy, healthy, and prosperous.  We all deserve it, and no other individual or group can morally or ethically infringe upon another.  So in defense of these basic human rights, on behalf of all sane and rational people of this earth, if I may be so bold to think I can speak for so many, thank you to these great men and women.  You inspire me to be a better global citizen than I am:

  • Senator Chuck Schumer
  • Senator Bernie Sanders
  • Senator Al Franken
  • Senator Elizabeth Warren
  • Senator Cory Booker
  • Senator Chris Murphy
  • Senator Tulsi Gabbard
  • Senator John McCain
  • Senator Lindsey Graham
  • Representative Nancy Pelosi
  • Representative John Lewis
And as a disclaimer, any names omitted here is not meant to discredit their work.  These just happen to be the most prominent names of the moment.  Thank you for relentlessly fighting for us, ALL of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment