Monday, January 23, 2017

I have to say today was a good day.

And it wasn't even that exciting.  It was a culmination of little things coming together that are making me go to bed with a smile tonight.

  • I got my happy butt up in enough time to run a 5K+ on the treadmill before getting my kids to school and myself to work.
  • My guest engagements were generally positive.
  • We got extra mileage out of Kelly Anne's ridiculous "alternative facts" comment (have fun living that one down, babe!).
  • We learned of the next planned protest rally: April 15 to demand his tax returns be released to prove there will be no conflicts of interest - that's right, Donnie: we DO still care.
  • My commute home wasn't too dreadful.
  • My wife had a simple but nice meal waiting for me when I got home.
  • My daughter earned her 100 sight word gumball today (a paper reward for recognizing simple words) - she gets to be Queen tomorrow!
  • We started our son in second grade today and he loves it!
  • They were streaming E.T. on Netflix, first time I've watched that in ages!  And yes, I wept.
  • Avengers: Infinity War started filming today!!
  • Couldn't be a more appropriate time for Supergirl to return from its winter hiatus, right after Melissa Benoist marched in the protests with a killer sign!


Image may contain: 5 people, people smiling, crowd and outdoor

And to wrap it all up, I'm here with you fine folks dictating a bullet list of my day because I really have nothing else for you.  My Drumpf well is pretty dry today.  Fear not, I have every confidence there will be plenty more to say about it all soon.  But I never intended this to be a purely political outlet; we need some diversion every now and then.  As I always say, everything in moderation, and I think I need to heed that advise for a bit when it comes to this disaster to which we're being subjected; I'm more drained than the proverbial swamp (which isn't saying anything).

Thank you all for reading and following!  Share me if you can so more strangers can not know me!

No comments:

Post a Comment