Sunday, January 22, 2017

I am exhausted.

This weekend was extremely draining.  It started on Friday with the official beginning of the apocalypse immediately followed by the love we lost because we took it for granted.  Saturday, millions of brave, strong women and men from all walks of life came together to make sure their voices were heard, while the toupee with the talking tangerine stuck to its ass got into a lying pissing match over how many people came to fawn over him versus how many came for his predecessor (I'll tell you: the latter had more - deal with it!), even going as far as sending a stooge to defend the lies. Finally today, another minion seeking her own celebrity, wearing an unnecessarily expensive coat - that screamed either Napoleon, nutcracker, or Paddington Bear - had to defend the stooge and their master by compounding the lies and spinning the story with "alternative facts," which now leads me to believe that Trevor Noah was right on Friday: we're still waiting for Marty McFly to show up.

As a matter of fact, I think I'm just going to leave this clip here.  If you haven't seen it, Noah captured Friday's events perfectly.  If you have seen it, it's worth a second watch.


So today, I'm tired.  I am reviewing a lot social media suggestions about what to do next, because the marches were only the beginning, and I have to decide what is right for me.  I must force myself to not fall into my typical laziness and complacency; if I do, what was all my fear and anger, arguing and ranting all year for?  I will let it marinate and simmer for now, but you have every right to call me out as a hypocrite if I don't follow through.  Hold my feet to the fire, but help me, because we truly are all in this together, no matter what side you're on.  We're all going down - left, right, or middle - if we don't stand unified against the tyranny that is threatening to consume us.  Those of us on the left, we know why we fight.  Those of you on the right, you may want to look into how many on your side are just as nervous.  Those of you still blissfully, naively swimming in his new swamp . . . I don't know what to tell you.  I guess call when you're ready to get out; we'll still be there to help in your peaceful transition back to rationality.

No comments:

Post a Comment