Monday, March 27, 2017

Why is Congress allowing this to go on?!

Of course the obvious answer is "We're still Republicans in the end and we hate(d) Obama."  But the whole thing is just so petty!  What is the point of destroying the work of one man when it was all done with the greater good at heart - what the actual fuck?

I am speaking, of course, of the latest batch of bills he signed to rollback more of President Obama's regulations.  It all seems so ridiculously arbitrary the way he is going about his business of destroying his predecessor's legacy in order to make himself look even better to his supporters; of which I don't understand how there still are any - I guess they all haven't figured out how they are getting screwed by him yet.  And those supporters are blindly, irrationally, potentially racistly (not a word, but you get my meaning) cheering for every word uttered and every pen stroked.  And speaking of pens, he reportedly gave out pens to members of Congress as he signed these new bills like it was a fund raiser or a campaign.  I guess the whole thing is just one big campaign for him because he is always about the attention; how many rallies has he had even though he has already won?  And did you break the bank on those novelty pens, Donnie, or did you just have them mass-produced by the same Bic supplier that every corporation uses for their office supplies and get a million for a penny?  But I digress . . .

I'm really beginning to believe Bannon does have his hand so far up the Trump puppet's ass that it's lost.  I have tried very hard not to buy in so quickly to the extreme-left accusation that the entire right population of Washington are nothing but a bunch of backwards racist dickholes and that's why they fought President Obama so hard for eight years.  At the same time I ask myself "What could they possibly have against him; why do they hate him so severely?"  Even before he got elected, they were against him - WHY??  What was so radically different about him that caused the right to defy him so strongly other than he is an educated, well-spoken person of color?  Makes you wonder . . .

So to my title point, if there are enough Republicans starting to turn on him, and obviously everyone on the left has been against him from the beginning, then why does this continue?  Of course it's an easy outsider opponent thing to say "Impeach him already;" I'm not so ignorant of the process that I think it can happen quickly and easily.  I've said it before, I don't think anything will happen until after the midterm elections next year when the Republicans will most assuredly lose at least one house of Congress due to this disaster.  But I just have to believe that the longer 45 (or Bannon) is allowed to continue spewing trash and making hasty, rash decisions in a vain attempt at erasing the black guy from history that enough people on both sides will say "enough is enough" and do something to work towards getting rid of the real problem, the true threat.  It just has to happen sooner than later . . . doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment