Monday, March 20, 2017

I can't get too excited . . . yet.

So the FBI has finally admitted it is conducting an investigation into the Trump campaigns and collusion with the Russian government during the 2016 election.  I appreciate they have done so. However, it kind of feels like this is coming from the "Yeah, we already knew that" file.  What little bit has been given to us has certainly proven that Russia was involved.

I don't claim to understand espionage or collusion or secret investigations or Intelligence in the least. As I'm typing, I am listening to the House Intelligence hearing that took place this morning, trying desperately to understand what it's all about; it ain't happening.  But one thing I do get is when a hostile entity infiltrates an organization for its own purposes, a. it rarely ends up good for the organization; and 2. the truth will eventually come out.  Someday we will know the depths to which the Russians were/are involved in our democracy.  We will know the devious backroom lengths to which Trump and/or his team went to getting him elected.  And when the truth is discovered and revealed, there will be some hard prices to pay.  In the meantime, the rest of us who are paying the price right now must continue to be vigilant and look out for each other.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BROADWAY LEADING LADIES BRACKET CHALLENGE

So I guess this is the end of the first attempt at the Broadway Leading Ladies Bracket as I only had one vote submitted for the first round.  Maybe I need to have a different platform for it.  Oh well; I still think it's a fun little distraction.

ELAINE STRITCH MEMORIAL BRACKET

No comments:

Post a Comment