Friday, March 17, 2017

Tonight was the night!

The night I took my baby girl to her first professional show!  I'm sure I mentioned before that I was taking her to see the National Tour of Matilda the Musical when it came through the Smith Center here in Las Vegas.  Well, it's here and we went!

                      No automatic alt text available.

Aside from her getting increasingly tired as the night went on because she had inexplicably stayed up over an hour past her bedtime the night before, and how do you truly get a five year old to sit still for two and a half hours, she really enjoyed it.  I need to get a copy of the cast recording for her now, that's for certain; if you haven't heard the score, I recommend it.  The whole show is just a lot of fun. Ignore the fact that I dropped an additional $100 tonight (aside from the cost of the tickets) between a $40 dinner, $40 on souvenirs, and another $20 donation to Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS so she could get another little prop from the show (although I was considering donating anyway).  The money is not important, though; so long as my girl had a memorable night.

And now you get to listen to me gush about her theatrical prospects again.  I'm not pushing her, I promise.  She is showing some genuine interest in being a part of this community somehow, and I couldn't be happier!  If her interest continues, she is going to have a lot of fun some day.  And if she decides to be an actor at any level, you better believe I will be right there on her first opening blubbering like the proud, overly-dramatic fool I am.  I really hope both of my children continue to find the pleasure in theatre that I always have.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BROADWAY LEADING LADIES BRACKET CHALLENGE

GWEN VERDON MEMORIAL BRACKET

No comments:

Post a Comment