Sunday, April 2, 2017

I haven't felt much like writing lately.

I'm really not sure why.  Maybe I just don't think I have much to say right now.  There is not much new and exciting happening around me recently.

I'm tired of talking about the world's least favorite band, 45 and the Shambles.  Nothing they do surprises me anymore.  Infuriates, yes; surprises, no.  Russian ties, defunding life-changing and life-saving organizations, nepotism, denying science, spending my money on extra unnecessary security and multiple vacations - yeah, I'm livid with all of them.  But it's all same song, different dance with them.  It's Top 40 radio with a rotation of the same six songs every hour.  We need another Nirvana to disrupt the mainstream, and fast!  And I really don't want to hear any more impeachment speculation or opinions.  Unless proceedings are actually going to take place, just don't talk about it; it gets too many hopes up to just be crushed.  Let's just focus on the elections next year because I don't see anything getting accomplished in the next twelve months.  We're stuck for now; thanks a lot gun-toting, racist, fake Christian ignorants south of the Manson-Nixon line.

There may be a psychological component at work.  The beginning of April is not a good time of year for my family.  April 1 was my father's birthday; he passed going on fourteen years ago.  My maternal grandmother also passed away this day twenty years ago.  Today was my maternal grandfather's birthday, who has been gone over twenty-four years.  We also lost my father-in-law two years ago this week.  I may be in my quiet bit of solitary mourning this week as I miss them all very much.

Recent good things to write home about: I received a pseudo-promotion with the full support of my Directors and VP; my son still clamors for reading Harry Potter every night; and my daughter is absolutely loving this new Netflix show about the performing arts, Julie's Greenroom, from the Jim Henson shop and starring Julie Andrews - I really recommend this show for all parents or if you work with kids, especially if they have shown any interest in the arts at all; it is very cute and encompasses everything, featuring several celebrity guest performers such as Carol Burnett, Alec Baldwin, Bill Irwin, and Idina Menzel.


So that's all I got tonight.  Peace, love, and song.  Hold your family close.

No comments:

Post a Comment